Whether you are getting your house ready for the real estate market or are looking for an easy home improvement project, a new coat of exterior and/or interior paint can make a huge difference in your home’s atmosphere and overall curb appeal. Painting both the interior walls and the exterior of your home adds value to your investment, especially if you have the job professionally done. Here are some of the top benefits of painting your home.
- Studies have shown that painting both interior and exterior walls and trim will increase the overall real estate value of your home. In addition, it enhances curb appeal, which makes the home much more attractive to potential buyers.
- An exterior paint job will protect building materials and save you from expensive repairs down the road. In fact, a fresh coat of high-quality paint on an exterior surface can decrease the risk of weather related damaged that comes from exposure to harsh and inclement weather conditions. A quality paint job can also help protect the home against unwanted insect infestations.
- A paint job is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to transform the look and feel of your home. In fact, a new paint job is known in the home improvement industry as the least expensive remodel out there. Depending on the color scheme you choose, you can create an entirely new feel within your interior space. While more neutral tones can be used to create a warm and inviting atmosphere, brighter hues will make the living space feel more vibrant and energetic.
- Nothing makes a home look clean and new inside and out than a new paint job. When done properly, painting exterior and interior surfaces will cover up permanent marks and stains, and give the space a fresh new look. In addition, a white or light paint can help small rooms and spaces to visually appear bigger.
- A paint job with low- or zero VOC paint can help promote the air quality in your home. When you use an eco-friendly paint, you keep pollutants out of the home (which is especially important if anyone in the home suffers from allergies or asthma). A quality paint job also keeps moisture away from wall materials, which prevents the growth of mold and mildew.
In order for a new coat of paint to effectively increase the value of your home, protect your home’s infrastructure, and transform the way your home looks and feels, it has to be done right. By hiring a painting contractor, you can rest assured that every detail will be attended to, from choosing high quality paint to putting the optimal number of coats on the surface to ensure a long lasting paint job.